Housing Services for the Homeless
Housing Services for Homeless Individuals with Disabilities: STVCC partners with individuals with disabilities living in Ingham and Clinton County.
STVCC provides housing stability along with support services including, but not limited to, casework support, employment assistance, education development, financial management, etc.
(517) 323.4734 ext. 1451 e-mail
If you are not a customer of STVCC, it is not regular business hours and you are you are in need of help call 211
- Read about STVCC Housing Services for Homeless Individuals with Disabilities.
- Learn how to access Housing Services.
- Find out about our hours and location.
- Find out about volunteer opportunities.
- Read about the history.
- Check out our service statistics.
STVCC assists homeless individuals with disabilities in finding safety through the security of a home. The expert staff then work closely with our customers to help them gain new skills and in some cases become self sufficient.
STVCC Permanent Housing Services for the Homeless with Disabilities:
- Rental Assistance is provided through rental subsidies to allow for rental payments by customers to be based upon 30% of their gross adjusted income.
- STVCC provides casework support in a number of areas to help foster long term housing stability for those we serve. An STVCC caseworker helps customers overcome barriers to self sufficiency through personal assistance and connecting them with needed community educational and management recourses. Such assistance includes, but is not limited to:
- Obtaining and maintaining transitional and permanent housing.
- Goal development.
- Financial and household management.
- Education plans.
- Acquiring mainstream resources and referrals to community resources.
- Must be a single adult with physical or emotional disabilities or substance dependency challenges.
- Services are available to residents of Ingham and Clinton Counties.
- To schedule an appointment, please call (517) 323.4734.
- Office Hours are Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- To see a map and receive directions, CLICK HERE.
- Office Assistant: Assist case managers with providing services to families and individuals including office assistance and transportation.
- Education Support: Provide workshops or one-on-one assistance to customers in areas such as financial literacy, parenting, substance abuse, healthy relationships, time management, job readiness skills, etc.
- Housing Assistant: Assist the case managers with working with local landlords to acquire housing for customers, teach home management techniques and financial literacy.
- For more information call (517) 323.4734 ext. 1204 or CLICK HERE.
In 2006, homeless services were expanded to provide rental assistance and case management services to homeless families residing in Clinton and Ingham Counties.
With the increase in homelessness STVCC worked to expand their services to meet the growing need. In 2007, STVCC began providing rental assistance and case management in a permanent supportive housing setting to homeless individuals with disabilities in Ingham County.
In 2008, services were expanded to provide a community case manager working closely with the Ingham County Continuum of Care to provide case management to homeless populations who are in need of locating and acquiring stable housing.
Today the program has the largest permanent supportive housing service program for individuals with disabilities in Mid Michigan.
- The average homeless person is 9 years old.
- There are approximately 60,000 homeless living in Michigan and over 10,000 of them live in Mid-Michigan.
- 1/3 of the homeless in Michigan are the working poor.
- In a given year 600,000 families and 1.3 million children experience homelessness in the U.S.
- In Progress