A Bond Between Hearts
“Family doesn't have to be related, it's just a bond between hearts,” Tresa
A Christmas Miracle
When she awoke from the stroke, she could not feel her legs and could not walk. The Bates’ hearts sank. What would happen to the children?
Showing You Care
“I want you to know, do not give up, because there are people who love you. Never give up,” April
Adoption: Works to identify permanent qualified families who will offer stable, loving homes for children of all ages with special physical and/or emotional needs.
The children in our adoption program are waiting in foster care for a permanent home and a forever family. Every child deserves to feel safe and loved.
Izzo Family Video
If you are interested in learning more about adoption please contact Kathy Yates, STVCC Adoption Program Manager.
(517) 323.4734 ext. 1619 e-mail
If you would like to inquire about a child on our children available for adoption page please contact Whitney Banks (517)323.4734 ext.
- Read about the types of services provided by STVCC Adoption.
- Learn how to access Adoption services.
- Learn how to adopt a child or an infant and give them a forever family.
- Find out about our hours and location.
- Find out about volunteer opportunities.
- Read about the history.
- Check out our service statistics.
- Check out our Recruitment Newsletter
- Recruitment of adoptive families for children in foster care.
- Matching of children and families for adoption.
- Adoption case management services (child and family assessments, applying for support and medical subsidy, quarterly court reports and hearings, etc.).
- Post adoption services.
- Assistance to adult adoptees, former siblings, adoptive parents and birth parents requesting information from adoption records.
- Confidential pregnancy counseling.
- Adoption case management.
- Collaboration of adoption worker and birth parents on selecting adoptive families.
- Department of Human Services.
- Michigan Adoption Resource Exchange (MARE).
- Wendy’s Wonderful Kids, signature program of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
- Any other foster care agency that is handling the foster care case of the adoptee.
The babies served in the infant adoption program are infants of birth parents that chose to have their child be adopted rather than raise a child on their own.
- For more information please call (517) 323.4734.
- In Process.
- Office Hours are Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- STVCC is located at 2800 W. Willow St. Lansing, MI 48917.
- To see a map and receive directions, CLICK HERE.
- Mentoring children in foster care or adoption.
- Hosting special events, on or off site. Examples include, holiday parties, special sports or theater opportunities, etc.
- Office Assistant: Assist case managers with clerical work such as filing and copying, freeing up their time for direct care services.
- For more information call (517) 323-4734 ext. 1615 or CLICK HERE.
For over 60 years STVCC’s services to children and families have grown to meet the changing needs. STVCC Foster Care works with the child, their biological family and foster families in order to work toward empowering the biological family to establish a safe and loving home so the children can return to their care.
First, here are some Federal and State stats on children in care:
There are approximately 18,000 children living in Michigan Foster Care. Over 6,000 of them are eligible for adoption.
This year approximately 450 children will turn 18 years old while living in Michigan foster care.
Over 500,000 children living in the United States are in foster care.
Number of clients served in 2011:
- Children: 73
- Families: 65
- Adoption Inquiry: 24
- SEARCH: 40