Family PreservationFamily Preservation: Helps at-risk families, referred by State Department of Human Services, to improve parenting and life skills. These families have been identified by the courts as at risk of being separated due to concerns for the children’s health. STVCC Family Preservation staff partner with, offer support and teach, families, helping them remain together in a safe and nurturing environment.
(517) 323.4734 ext. 1610 e-mail
If you are NOT currently a customer of St. Vincent Catholic Charities and you are in crisis, please call 911 or Ingham Emergency Services at (517) 346.8460.
- Read about the types of services provided by STVCC Family Preservation.
- Learn how to access Family Preservation Services.
- Find out about our hours and location.
- Find out about volunteer opportunities.
- Read about the history.
- Check out our service statistics.
- Parenting education.
- Household management.
- Health and Nutrition.
- Locating permanent housing.
- Referrals to community resources.
- For more information please call (517) 323.4734.
- Office Hours are Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- STVCC is located at 2800 W. Willow St. Lansing, MI 48917.
- To see a map and receive directions, CLICK HERE.
- Office Assistant: Assist case managers with clerical work such as filing and copying, freeing up their time for direct care services.
- For more information call (517) 323-4734 ext. 1204 or CLICK HERE. (please link to volunteer page)
First, here are some Federal and State stats on children in care:
- There are approximately 18,000 children living in Michigan Foster Care. Over 6,000 of them are eligible for adoption.
- This year approximately 450 children will turn 18 years old while living in Michigan foster care.
- Over 500,000 children living in the United States are in foster care.
- Demographic Profiles for The STVCC Counseling Services: In Progress